Thursday, August 26, 2010

Teaching and assessment opportunities galore!

Today we had a lecture on Wikis. The first day when I heard the term I didn't quite understand what a Wiki entails. Now I know what a Wiki is and also what the purpose of the Wiki is. In my previous posting I mentioned that we have to accelerate with what we are doing with our technological knowledge and skills regarding the computer. The Wiki is a collaborative tool that we can apply to enhance our work at school. With its special features, we will be able to engage the learners with groupwork contributions on one or other topic. The learners will be able to edit each others work and I will be able to monitor the contributions of each learner. Indeed a very helpfull tool for groupwork. I am learning from the reflections of my fellow students on their bloggs and I guess the impact will be the same on the Wikis.For our own  personal Wikis, the updateable feature is also great. Remember we have to be one step ahead of the learners otherwise  we will have a situation where  the teacher and student will have to switch their positions.

To all the future librarians: "Be bold and take the lead!" ( "Show dem" and " Make da  circle bigger!) These are the links to software that we can use when we create Wikis.
This is a "Multi media" blogging  site. The following Wiki is for teachers. Have a look of the outlay and the different features.

PS. A journey starts with one step! Enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Myrlte

    Clever girl. You are really an inspiration to me. Wikis are really interesting. I was so confused.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my postings.